|All task forms (memes), sample tasks, red lines, task submissions, and the system in this group are protected by intellectual property rights. Any one not connected to the group could NOT use the materials here for whatever reason without permission.|
!!! Joining is through invitation. so read on to know how to get invited. !!!
I just wanted to give you a HUGE thank you! I am not sure if you'll remember me at all but I was one of the first students to join the group Gakuen-Manga when it started, sadly I couldn't continue.
But I just wanted to tell you how much that group had helped me out! It encouraged me to try new things and give more variety. Also it gave me a keen eye for spotting things to be changed. This group showed me different ways to practice and improve and it has seriously actually helped me with my life!
I was able to get a job illustrating for a child's book because my style was different, but the perspective and everything else (which I learned from this group and the tips from the members) was great enough for me to be picked! All throughout drawing for the book (just finished the second one of the series) I remembered everything this group taught me to the best of what I could.
I am also well on my way to going to an art school to continue illustrations possibly but also to study in animation or game design (I just can't decide!). But I was able to even get a scholarship for my art which this group had helped me with by helping me to improve!
People also tell me how much better I've gotten at proportions and shading which were the two big things that I needed help with and got help with through this group!
So I wanted to thank you for helping me and I hope that I'll be able to join this group again sometime because I know I can always improve and absolutely loved it, this was a great experience for me. So thank you for helping me! "
A student will be expected to be COMMITTED, OPEN-MINDED, PUNCTUAL, HELPFUL and RESPECTFUL. Failure to be so can cause expulsion. Remember, the lessons are for free. All we ask for is your cooperation for the betterment of the group.
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE JOINING!!!
Be ready for critiques AND be ready to give critiques Everything you submit here are automatically up for critisisms.
The whole program from start to finish will be for 2 TERMS (3 months per term) or more depending on your rate of progress.
CURRENT TERM: February 15, 2013-May 20, 2013
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: January 18, 2013-*extended to Feb. 15, 2013*
NEXT TERM: June 13, 2013 - Aug. 30, 2013
ENROLLMENT PERIOD: May 21- June 13, 2013
There will be FOUR LEVELS in the school:
Freshmen- Fundamentals for Beginning Artists
Sophomores- Introduction to Dynamics for Intermediate Level Artists
Juniors- Colors, Light and Shadow for the Artist
Seniors- Perspective and Impact for Skilled Artists
Upon joining, the founder will assign you to a level according to your skill and will send you a list of tasks that you should target to finish within the term.
Students will have group mates to work with; the group will give critiques to each other- like a group study. A student group will help its members by each member having to give critiques to their group-mates to the best of their ability.
CRITIQUE GROUPS (CG)
So, to monitor your critiques, the link below is a spreadsheet where you will need to paste the links of the deviations you critiqued per week. you should critique 5 links per week. I remind, failure to comply with this will cause me to give disciplinary action.
Feel free to comment on other students' tasks- even if they aren't part of your CG.
AFTER each term, students are required to evaluate the teachers to get their final grades. Non-compliance will cause non-admission next term. A journal will be posted and evaluations will be posted there as a comment
Name of student:___________
Teacher being Evaluated: (name of teacher)
1. How much did you learn from this teacher?
2. What were the strengths and weaknesses of this teacher?
3. What suggestions can you give so that he/she can improve?
4. What did you like/ did not like about this teacher?
5. What is your ideal teacher?
6. Rate this teacher with stars from 1-5, 5 being the highest.
7. Other comments/suggestion/violent reactions
Format of Title:
Task #: Task name, Revision #, this will help us monitor you and organize as well.
Teachers will check the tasks submitted by the students, they will tell the student if they are to move on to the next or to repeat the task.
!!! Submit only to the folder of your level in the group. Only task memes are to be accepted. This is not a group to show off your works but for improving and learning.
A task will be given (for each lesson assigned to a student) due on FRIDAYS. Yes, the submission will be weekly. 3 lates/ term = expulsion. Think of it that you have only one homework drawing per week. If that’s too much, Don't Join.
It is also required of you to make a FOLDER for gakuen-manga tasks in your gallery so that we can also monitor the number of tasks you have submitted within the term.
A SAMPLE TASKS folder is provided in the group gallery to show you what the advisers and coordinators would want to see in your work. Please check the samples before asking questions, most likely your questions will be answered when you look at the samples and read the artist's comments on them.
please show respect to the admin. address them with their respective titles (HT/T)
Founder/ Head Teacher (HT) = HT~red-on-gold
- address all concerns, suggestions and problems to the founder. Can give critiques, redlines etc. will accept members before the term starts. Plans the tasks and does revisions for the betterment of the group. Monitors coordinators and advisers.
- Will do critiques for the last task per level to monitor the advancing of students.
= T~Flaming-Noodle, T~Teacup-creations
- they give students critiques (in the form of a comment) and ratings (5 stars being the highest) follow the format of the evaluation form.
- Comment from Saturdays to Sundays. So students will have mondays - fridays to finish their tasks.
- they tell the student of their level whether they can move on to the next task or repeat the task.
-they can also give more detailed visual corrections by drawing over the student’s problematic area. just approach them or the head teacher for help.
REAL TIME TUTORIALS
-can be arranged with the admins (time and date), we will meet here if ever:
HOW TO JOIN?
1. To apply as a student, note the group containing the terms of agreement below:
TERMS of AGREEMENT
I, name of student, from place of residence will commit my time and effort to Gakuen-Manga for three months (one term). I will be committed, open-minded that I may improve my skills, punctual in submitting tasks assigned to me by my coordinator, helpful to my groupmates and respectful to the staff and all the members. I understand that my cooperation is essential to stay in the school. I will keep myself updated and knowledgeable about the group and its rules by reading the Rules/FAQ/ How to Join pane and group blog posts regularly. I will report anything about the group that seems problematic and make suggestions for the betterment of the group, all of these I will address to the founder.
I will help my critique-groupmates improve by giving them critiques to the best of my ability. We are a team.
I state that I fully understand my responsibility as a student and have read the rules stated by the group. I understand that failure to comply with the rules will cause my expulsion from the school.
I also commit myself to become a contributor to this group #Gakuen-Manga (adviser/ coordinator) after graduating from this program.
2. -fill up this meme:[link] and paste the link of the finished deviation here-
-name of student
*your place of residence is requested so we can know if there will be any situation (natural calamities, political crises) that would cause you not to be able to submit. Which we'd totally understand.
*** be sure that you have a copy of full body drawing of a person with a background that you drew BEFORE entering GM. that will be needed upon graduation.
3. UPON ADMISSION/ INVITATION, check out the Orientation Journal:[link] and make a folder in your gallery where you will put all your tasks in (although you still need to pass them to the correct folder in the group too)- this will make it easier for us to monitor how many you've done.
4. ALWAYS READ OUR BLOGS TO BE UPDATED.
5. you can also make an avatar of your OC in our uniform and use it around deviantART to let others know that you are a student here Fanarts for the school can be uploaded to the STUDENTS' LOUNGE folder
6. DO NOT DELETE any of the tasks you made for the gakkuen. If you do, we will not re-accept you in the following term. thus, you can never graduate.
*To make a new folder in your gallery, go to your gallery, look at the left-most pane, click +New folder. And then rename that folder to "gakkuen-manga tasks". Submit all your tasks to this folder in your gallery AND to the group. thanks
Whether you decide to learn with us or just look around I welcome you to Gakuen Manga.
- Head teacher Red